What is different between plant cells and Animal cells? What are the main components and function of animal & plant cells? The major difference between plant cells and animal cells? Comparison between plant cells and animal cells?
PLANT CELLS AND ANIMAL CELLS:
In this article we will discuss about the plant cells & animal cells:-(1) plant cells, (2) general characters of plant cells, (3) Animal cells, (4) general character of Animal cells, (5) similarities of plant cell and animal cells.
- Plant cells
- General character of plant cells.
- Animal cells
- General character of animal cells.
- Similarities of plant cells and animal cells.
Plant cell and animal cell:-
Both plants and animals constitute the living world . Cell is the unit of structure and function in plants and animals. Plants are made up of plant cells as animals are made up of animal cells. Both animal and plant cells share common features.
On the other hand plant & animal cells difference from each other is many respect. They are as follows:-
A plant cells is an eukaryotic cell. It’s contains true nucleus & organelles to perform specific function. It’s basic unit of life in organisms of the kingdom plantae. It has present in Nucleus, Nucleolus, Cytoplasm, Ribosomes, Chloroplast, Peroxisome, Endoplasmic reticulum, Cell wall, Cell membranes, Vacuole, Mitochondria, Golgi apparatus etc.
General character of plant cells:-
- Plant cells possess a rigid cell wall , which is unique to plants.
- Pigment containing organelles (plastids) are characteristics featured of plant cells.
- It’s large in size & can not change it shape.
- In plants cell there are found in plastids.
- The large central vacuole present in a mature cells .
- Chloroplast (a kind of plastid) with the green pigment chlorophyll carryout photosynthesis.
- In the plant cell there are Lysosome ara rare.
- There are can not take part in phagocytosis.
- Cell plate occure by cytokinesis
- There are present may be glyoxyosomes.
- Centrosome and centrioles are absent.
- Plasmodesmata is present for making contact with adjacent cells.
- Usually a single large vacuole present in the cytoplasm of mature cell.
- There are plant cells exposed to sunlight possess chlorophyll containing plastids called chloroplast.
- There are nucleus is epithelial.
- There are mitochondria comparatively fewer.
- Microvilli are absent in plant cells.
- Most plant cells store food as starch granules.
- Lysosome are absent but equivalent structure called spherosomes are present.
- Motile structure like flagella are absent.
- Cytokinesis takes place through constriction.
Animal cells is the fundamental functional unit life of animals. It’s the basic unit of reproduction. It has 1st discover in 17th century by Robert Hooke. In the animal cells there are present in mitochondria, Rough endoplasmic reticulum, Ribosomes, Golgi body, Vacuole, Nucleus, Smooth endoplasmic reticulum, Lysosome, Cytoplasm, Cell membranes etc.
General character of animal cells:-
- A cell wall is absent in animal cells.
- Except a few protozoan animal cells do not contain plastid.
- The animal cell small in size comparatively.
- In animal cell,it can change it’s shape.
- Chloroplast usually absent in animal cells. So they do not carryout photosynthesis.
- There are nucleus lies in the centre & Nucleus is rounded.
- There are mitochondria is numerous.
- In the animal cells; chlorophyll and plastid are absent.
- There are centrosome & centrioles are present.
- Vacuole are usually absent in animal cells. However, some cells may contain vacuole e.g. Amoeba.
- Microvilli are present in animal cells.
- This cell can not synthesize certain amino acids, fatty acids, vitamins and co enzymes needed by it.
- Lysosome are present in animal cells.
- In animal cells crystal do not occur.
- In animal cells cytokinesis takes place by cleavage.
- The animal cells ingests materials through phagocytosis.
- In animal cell there are centrosome are found
- Some animal cell can change position and move about.
- Some animal cells possess flagella.
- Cytokinesis occur by cell plate formation.
Similarities of plant cells and the animal cells-
The plant cells and animal cell show the following common features:-
- Presence of a limiting cell membranes.
- Presence of membrane bound organelles such as mitochondria, golgi bodies, endoplasmic, reticulum etc.
- Presence of nucleus and nuclear membrane.
- Presence of chromosomes.
- Presence of Microtubules.